Perfection of Law-Making in Islam
The Islamic Shari`ah came to a climax as to perfection, precision and creativeness. The precise law making in Islam is mentioned in the late Quranic verses revealed by Allah, the Almighty, wherein He (Glorified and Exalted is He) says: (This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion), Al-Maedah,3.
Islam is perfect having not the least defect and blessings of Allah, the Almighty, are also complete without deficiency. Islamic Shari`ah left neither a small thing nor a big thing, but has declared its ruling and the manner of tackling it. This is refereed to in the Quranic verse which reads: (We have not neglected in the Register a thing), Al-An`am, 38. And the prophet (PBUH) stated in the Hadith related by Al-`Erbad ibn Saryah (Im passing away while leaving you, Muslims, on a clear destination wherein its night and daytime are the same. Thereupon, a Muslim going astray after that is really aberrant)
The art of the prophetic dealing
No doubt that the life of the prophet Muhammad was dedicated fully to the practice of every single thing of the Islamic Shari`ah. This in turn led to incomparable comprehensive lifestyle that included all variables facing individuals, groups or the Muslim nation wholly.
The prophet dealt throughout his life with all sects of people that may face Muslims during the course of their life. Also, the prophet encountered all situations may Muslims encounter, in peace, war, welfare, poverty, mighty or weakness.
This shows the miraculous nature of the Sunnah of the prophet, namely, twenty three years only of the prophet's life witnessed all situations that Muslims may encounter till the Day of Resurrection. This is to prove the Devine instruction (There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often), Al-Ahzab,21.
Uniquely, Prophet Muhammad dealt with all situations he met through a course of life (Prophetic Sunnah) replete with enormous benefits and manners of his relations. At every simple situation of his life, the moral aspect was prominent and to the very extent regulated his choices. Every word and verb of the prophet included his noble manners which reached the climax of the human perfection, which explains the prophetic Hadith: (Verily, I was appointed (to prophethood) for the perfection of moral virtues).
In this way, every situation, incident, word or reaction of the prophet Muhammad prominently included his noble manners even in situations where it is difficult for good manners to be effective like those of war, politics, approaching the wrongdoers, the dissolute and warriors against Muslims who lurk to them.
The manners of the prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
It was a real problem to those practicing politics to be fully complying with morals and humane restrictions. However; the one closely examining and contemplating on the Sunnah of the prophet Muhammd would find that these moral and humane restrictions are extremely and without exception demonstrated in his (PBUH) politics.
No wonder! These great manners of the prophet are praised by Allah in the Quranic verse which reads: (And indeed, you are of a great moral character), Al-Qalam,4.
The greatness of the prophetic dealing
Based on that, the greatness of the Sunnah of the prophet is absolute, theoretically and practically.
The prophet Muhammad was the ideal for Muslim to copy where he proved to them that the sublime ideal principles revealed in Allah's Book "Quran" are applicable and appropriate to regulate the lives of humans worldwide. And, such principles represent a clear evidence for whoever sincerely seeks guidance way.
As well, the life of the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was a practical emulation to every single instruction of Allah, the Almighty. The mother of the believers, `Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) was too guided and truthful when she described the manners of the prophet (PBUH) in the few words: (His manners were the Quran).
Through these articles, which I ask Allah to make them for His sake only, together we will explore one wonderful aspect in our religion Islam wherein light will be shed on the manner of the prophet's dealing with non-Muslims.
How honorific it is!
I do not think that philosophers, theorists and thinkers have one day imagined even for one time that such aspect came to practice. Even Plato in his book "Republic of Plato", Al-Farabi in his book "Utopia" and Thomas More in his book "Second Utopia" never neither dreamt of nor theorized to one tenth of the manners of the prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
I would like to declare that, through these articles, i will discuss the prophet's dealing with non-Muslims who were peaceful and ally. I will not discuss his foes or prisoners of war, as they are not individuals forming the Muslim community, however; I will single them in other future articles, God willing.
I wish if Muslims perceive the value of the treasures they have in the Sunnah of the prophet and thereupon examine and observe them and then convey them to the eastern and the western parts of the earth, the matter which will make them and the whole mankind happy and to guide all humans to the Lord of the Worlds, Allah, the Almighty.
- Narrated by ibn Majah in his Sunan Book (43), Ahmad in his Musnad (17182) and Al-Hakim in his book Al-Mustadrak (331). Sheikh Al-Albani ranked this Hadith as sound "Sahih".
- Narrated by Al-Hakim in book Al-Mustadrak on the authority of Abu-Hurairah (4221). Al-Hakim ascribed the Hadith as Sound on Imam Muslim's condition of validity. Imams Al-Hakim and Muslim have not referenced this Hadith.Imam Al-Dhahabi stated in Talkhis Al-Mustadrak: This Hadith is Sound on Imam Muslim's condition of validity. As well, Imam Al-Baihaqi narrated this Hadith in his book "Sunan Al-Baihaqi" (20571). Al-Albani mentioned this Hadith in As-Silsilah As-Sahihah (45).
- She is the mother of the believers, and the daughter of Abu-Bakr As-Sidiq. She is the prophet's spouse in both, this world and the Hereafter. She was the dearest wife to the prophet "PBUH". She was a prominent scholar among the righteous companions of the prophet. She died on 58 A.H. you may review her biography in book Al-Isabah for ibn Hajar (11449) and Usd Al-Ghabah 6/191 for ibn Al-Athir.
- Narrated by Imam Ahmed (25341). Shu`aib Al-Arnaut stated: it is authentic narration on Bukhari and Muslim's condition of validity. Imam Bukhari narrated this Hadith in his book "Al-Adab Al-Mufrad" (308). Imam Al-Albani ascribed the Hadith as Sound "Sahih" in book "Sahih Al-Jami`" (4811).
- Plato (427-347 B .C .). he was a philosopher and old Greek instructor. He is deemed one of the most prominent thinkers in the Arab culture, to the extent that the Arab philosophy considered itself a footnote to Plato. Plato is a surname meaning the one with wide shoulders. His real name is Aristocles. His most famous book was titled: "Republic of Plato".
- Abu-Nasr Muhammad Al-Farabi (260339 A.H) was a philosopher mastered philosophy sciences, mathematics and Medicine even though he has practiced the latter. He is from Otrar which is a part of Turkestan at the present. His most famous book is "Utopia"
- (1478-1535.B.C), An English saint, philosopher and politician. He was widely known for his book "Utopia".
Send your comment